Agenda and minutes
Venue: Council Chamber, Guildhall
Contact: Suzanne Price Scrutiny Facilitator
Apologies for absence
Apologies for absence were submitted on behalf of Councillors Bryan Apsley, Trevor Bates and Paul Rogers.
To sign as a correct record the Minutes of the Meeting held on 19 September 2019
Correction to Minutes – Minute 14
It was proposed that bullet point 4 be expanded to include the following text:
“…and the possibility of the PSB pursuing a model which identified an organisation to lead on funding applications.”
AGREED – That, subject to the aforementioned amendment the Minutes of the Meeting held on 19 September 2019 be signed as a correct record.
To consider the report of the Chief Officer Governance and Customer
The Chief Officer Governance & Customer submitted a report (COGC/52/19s) to assist the Committee in agreeing its work programme for the coming year.
Members considered the report and the Topic Selection Form relating to the WFGA five ways of working within the Council’s decision making process. Noting the comments of the Chief Executive and the Lead Member included in the Topic Selection Form the Committee agreed with the suggestion to hold an All Member Workshop early in 2020 to ensure that the Council’s approach was fully understood by all Members and considered the areas of focus for the workshop, as follows:
· Legislative requirements and how these are being met
· Reference to the Future Generations Commissioner’s ‘Framework for Scrutiny’
· Developments in relation to embedding the 5 ways of working into the Council’s standard report template
Following the Workshop the Committee would consider any requirements for further Scrutiny.
(i) That the Lead Member and the Chief Executive Officer hold an All Member Workshop in January 2020 that focuses on:
· How the Wellbeing of Future Generations Act’s 5 Ways of Working are embedded in the Council’s processes across the Authority
· The Future Generations Commissioner’s ‘Framework for Scrutiny’
· An update from the PIPS team on developments related to reporting to Members
(ii) That the Committee review its Scrutiny requirements in respect of this matter following the All Member Workshop.